Etisalat’s vision is a world where people’s reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel
Etisalat Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Head Of Region Retail Sales
Location: Port Harcourt, NG
Responsible for developing and implementing the strategic regional plan to maximize acquisition, retention, sales and profit within the region. You will provide leadership and strategic direction to the territory managers responsible for delivering against agreed targets. As part of the retail sales leadership team, the role will contribute to developing the annual business planning process in order to grow customer acquisition, retention, NPS, sales and profit whilst building our brand and exceeding our subscriber’s customer experience expectations.
- Developing the region’s strategic plan in order to build the brand, grow acquisition, drive retention and maximize sales opportunities;
- Managing and delivering the region’s KPI’s in both the short and medium term;
- Leading the territory managers in order to deliver agreed annual goals;
- Accountable for the professional development of the team ensuring territory managers are accountable for every aspect of their territory’s operational performance;
- Modeling Etisalat’s values as leader, coach and performance manager;
- Supporting and contributing to the successful implementation of company strategies, providing support across functional teams to ensure the seamless delivery of projects;
- Leading key cross functional projects and initiatives to drive business growth;
- Working with the indirect channel, brands, segment and marketing teams to ensure all cross-functional initiatives or activities meets the requirements of the region;
- Proactively driving the customer experience promise initiatives to maximize Etisalat’s growth and brand presence across the region.
- Setting goals for the territory managers, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Identifying and communicating key responsibilities and policies to ensure the immediate team of territory managers promote a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve extraordinary business results in the region
- Building the relationships with multiple and varied stakeholders at various levels across the organization to enable the successful achievement of your regional goals and objectives.
- Visibly supporting the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and policies to promote Etisalat’s key messages and achieve a competitive advantage in the region
- Planning and Execution – Developing strategic and operational plans for the team, managing execution, and measuring results within the region
- Directing and continuously improving store operations within the region to meet company objectives for operational excellence
- Identifying, planning and executing areas for improvement to ensure consistent ‘legendary’ service to customers within the region
- Planning and executing strategies to increase sales while controlling operational costs within the assigned region. Identifies trends and forecasts and manages regional operational budget
- Planning and implementing regional initiatives to support Etisalat’s business objectives;
- Collaborating with the Retail Strategy & Rollout team for timely roll-out of shops in assigned region.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director – Retail Sales
- Collaborating with the supply chain team, regional distribution team and other functional teams to support store operations and to execute regional initiatives;
- Participating in cross-functional teams to enhance the service experience for Etisalat customers including identifying, planning, and executing opportunities for growth and expansion within region
- People Development & Team Building – Providing the territory managers and experience center managers with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenging and inspiring our people to achieve extra ordinary business results;
- Conducting and ensuring the timely completion of performance reviews;
- Ensuring our peoples adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements;
- Overseeing training and development of retail sales employees directly and indirectly, manage and makes effective staffing decisions;
- Participating in succession planning activities to support regional growth;
- Providing coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve regional, business and customer results;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Retail Sales.
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Retail Channel development and management experience
- Personal and people leadership skills
- Strong Project management skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships on all levels and work cross-functionally in a matrix organization;
- Nine (9) to twelve (12) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial role.
Application Closing Date
6th December, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page comes up click on New Jobs (Last 7 days), then click onHead Of Region Retail Sales – Port Harcourt, NG