Exercising on a regular basis has never featured on the priority list of many people now or before. However, there is a growing concern among a major part of the population now to stay fit and healthy. This is good in ways more than one. Not only it has increased the life expectancy of people but it has also resulted in several fitness centers to come up and make a living providing a healthy life to others. It has also helped the economy as people now are more energetic, active and productive than before.
Therefore, if you have not started yet, stop procrastinating and start exercising today. You will see the benefits of physical fitness are something that is too costly to ignore.
Benefits of exercise
You will feel younger, active, fresh energetic and most importantly, live longer if you take up exercises and follow it regularly with diligence. This is not a slogan or a tagline of any fitness centers to promote their business. It is a statement that is universally true.
According to recent study report published in the Journal of The American Medical Association, people who have very high level of fitness usually have low risk of dying from any physical ailment.
There is more to it. Research also reveals that regular exercise has several other health benefits such as:
- It enhances sleep
- It prevents weight gain
- It reduces the risk of high blood pressure
- It reduces possibilities of stroke
- It can also prevent type 2 diabetes and even
- Help in coping up with depression and stress.
You will hardly need taking medicines as you will not suffer from common ailments that most people who do not exercise regularly suffer from. You will not need to keep different Pharma Quotes ready in hand to order medicines online or otherwise.
Results of other studies
There are several other studies conducted to find out direct and indirect relation of fitness with different medical conditions as well.
- A study found that exercises help the breast cancer survivors a lot. Exercises resulted in remarkable improvements in their physical activity and strength. It also helped them to maintain their weight and enhanced their social well-being.
- A different study found that patients with stable heart failure obtained relief from the symptoms due to exercising on a regular basis. It helped them to improve their quality of life and therefore reduced the need for frequent hospitalization. In some cases it was found that it reduced the risk of death as well.
- Studies also proved that physical activity need not be strenuous always to produce results. Basic and moderate exercise can also provide desired results if you take it five to six times a week. It will surely lead to long lasting health benefits which should be your primary concern.
Therefore, it can be concluded from these studies that exercise is important for all and not only those who suffer from health conditions already. In fact, it will provide even greater benefits to those who are believed to be generally well.