When the universe of online game and fiction penetrated the Internet, it went from being a mainly solitary activity to a shared experience. Is it good for children to play video games? Does it affect your development? How does it impact your brain to be hours in front of a screen killing monsters or playing Candy Crush? Is it harmful to a child to fall asleep watching cartoons on a tablet?
Due to this increase, in recent years, numerous investigations have focused on the possible psychosocial effects derived from this type of games, since these electronic devices play an essential role in the child’s development, is clear that they can cause a series of benefits and harms in the cognitive, social and behavioral development of adolescents.
Playing of games is not that worst, yet the addiction is. Many games are quite interesting and fun-time gainer with knowledge and learning of new things. Games such as Chess, Scrabble Word, Puzzles, unscramble words on this website will help to learn many new words of the dictionary which will boost knowledge of vocab and word.
Effect of the video game on children and their Social behavior
Children come standard adapted for change, their brain is more plastic precisely to learn. They do not care to change; On the contrary, it stimulates them. Adults like change less because it is not pleasant to change our way of thinking when we have been doing it in a method for 40 years. When poetry and theater appeared, Plato criticized it in The Republic, criticized the appearance of books in the middle Ages, because it corrupted the minds. Later, television “stuns” the brain and now, more of the same, with computers, tablets, and video game consoles.
First, we must consider the age of the child associated with their capacity of choice and responsibility and then assess the type of activity they perform with the device. It is not the same to see a video of Peppa Pig that plays to kill monsters or that interact in social networks with strangers.
Up to three years
From the second year of life, children can interact something with devices in basic games type what the lion is? They are essentially passive spectators who do not interact with the invention. In simple games, they do not last more than five minutes because they require sustained attention and proactively that cannot keep a long time. They get bored not being fully aware of the goals, achievements, levels, and rewards of the game, which motivate older people; their interest does not go beyond the colors and dolls moving.
His relationship with electronic devices focuses on watching cartoons, cantajuegos or some absurd videos, like a girl who opens 50 surprise eggs. From the psychological point of view, there is no difference with watching television, and the proximity does not hurt your eyes because if it bothers you, your eyes get tired or your eyes dry, you merely stop looking, something that older children do not do when they play actively.
How Does Online Gaming Affect Social Interactions?
Below are some positive effect of online gaming the relationship and social behavior:
- The online multiplayer game is a playground that can give us clues about the future of social and technological developments.
- Online multiplayer games often encourage interaction between players: some even demand it. Collaboration with other players may be a prerequisite to progress in a game, or a game may be based on the competition between players.
- However, social interaction is an important reason not only to play multiplayer games but also to establish lasting social relationships with other players.
- This is shown in the range of communication modes offered by typical multiplayer games. In addition, a game can provide tools for interaction between two people, as well as allowing communication between entire groups and communities.
- In addition to using the modes of communication offered by the games, members of multi-player communities can stay in contact face to face, by phone, by email or on IRC
Side effects of online video games on Social Interactions
Below are some negative impact of online gaming the relationship and social behavior
- When we talk about any recreational activity, we generally think about sharing, and online games are not very different. The gambling communities, at times, are very closely linked, with some interactions that lead to lifelong relationships. Now, certainly there would not be this kind of outrage for young people linked in football sessions, is not it?
- Critics of the games blame the overdose of violence that is an integral part of certain games to the ungovernable behavior of the players. But barring some games, which in fact have a mature rating, the others do qualify as safe indulgences.
- Online games generally involve multiplayer games, and cooperation with associated players becomes an integral part of them. There is a definite possibility that people will unite across countries and cultures, united by a common passion for the game.
- One aspect that simply cannot be ignored is the positive effect of the games on the player’s self-esteem. As the level of the games increases, higher skill levels are required, and overcoming these challenges gives the player a sense of accomplishment, and leads to the creation of confidence.
- The family should enjoy some games, and when they play together, they make some hours go well and bring family members closer together, just like any other family activity.
- Some consider that games are an outlet for their negative emotions. The accumulated frustration and anger open the way to a calmer mind when people play these games as a form of recreation, which otherwise would have had an adverse effect on their relationships.
The addicted players spend so much time playing that their personal relationships are neglected and, sometimes, disappear altogether. Among addicted players who are married, up to 50 percent report a tension in their marriage as a result of their addiction. The addicted players also neglect the responsibilities of daily life, such as school and work.