An effective heating method or cooling your home without blowing enormous amounts of money and at the same time conserving energy is through ducted gas heating and air conditioning services. Gas heating implies that natural gas is used as fuel to cool or heat up space through narrow ducts or pipes placed throughout the ceiling of a house. The components used are standard and akin to a generic air conditioner but is distributed more evenly throughout the house.
What makes a Gas Heating or Cooling System different?
There are many options available in the market for centralized heating or cooling services, ranging from electric run devices to reverse cycles. It is important to understand your own needs before selecting a service. However, the benefits of a gas heating or cooling service outnumber many others in the field. Some of the strikingly useful features are listed below:
- Gas heating offers many benefits, including a low and affordable running cost and energy consumption.
- Heating and cooling are very fast and the device, once installed, would be durable.
- The total cost spent on installing a ducted gas heating and air conditioning service including installation costs, cost of the unit, servicing and maintenance costs, etc. is still considerably lower than other similar products in the market.
- Unlike other services, water consumption by a gas service is much lower and therefore the effort and cost required to run it is also low.
- The heating and cooling are all fueled by Natural Gas or LPG, which is readily available and eco friendly.
- The most readily available feature of a ducted heating system is the add-on cooling services. It means adding a condensing unit to an existing heating system, which means the same installed system can cool your house in summers and heat it in winters.
- In most of the services offered by high end companies in Australia, both the heating and cooling can be regulated through one remote control.
- Ducted services come with zonal flexibility, which means that a customer can choose what all places in the house he wants the vents to be installed at and it can be done accordingly.
- These zonal vents can be set on different temperatures depending on the needs of the customer.
Drawbacks of a Ducted Gas System
- The air pumped out of the vents may be high on humidity which could cause rusting of metal furniture or showpieces at home. It could also be harmful to asthma patients.
- Because the same air is recirculated within a house and the windows and doors need to be tightly shut at all times, it can get a bit suffocating and the sir may seem stale after a while.
- CNG and LPG are good fuels for running these systems, but the refrigerant and the gas heater may need constant refilling.
Picking the Correct Ducted Gas Service
Nowadays there are many options available in the market even for ducted gas heating and air conditioning services, but it is important to identify a good, durable system. It is important to know the maintenance and servicing costs of each model and get a detailed account of its per hour energy consumption. The system should be energy and cost efficient, meanwhile heating or cooling the house quickly and effectively. The filters in the vents should be durable and good quality to prevent any contamination of the circulated air. It is equally important to maintain the system by getting the vents cleaned frequently and refilling the gases in the ducts. Adequate care will ensure better performance!