Job Type: Full-Time
Min. Qualification: OND
Min. Years of Experience: 3 – 5 years
iROKOtv – the “Netflix of Africa” is the world’s largest distributor of African entertainment content online. Having successfully conquered the African diaspora market, we are looking for a Senior Front- end Developer. Specifically, we would like to satisfy our diaspora audience with HD quality content across SmartTVs, desktops and tablets while expanding our offerings for fans in Africa, where the local infrastructure and legacy devices present a different challenge entirely. Our 2014 goal is to bring the best of Nollywood to every single handset on the continent and we need a developer who will help us make this happen!
• You are passionate about web standards and accessibility.
• You write clean, efficient and maintainable code.
• You have a solid grasp of when and when not to use features of CSS3 and HTML5.
• You have experience working with CSS pre-processors such as Sass.
• You understand how to build responsive websites.
• You are familiar with a code versioning system such as Git.
• You understand and advocate progressive enhancement.
• You have experience with PHP or a similar server side language.
• You have an understanding of the MVC pattern.
• You keep up to date with front-end development tools and trends.
• You attend industry conferences or local meet-up groups.
• You have experienced the infrastructural challenges of emerging markets (or are willing to immerse yourself in order to learn)
Qualities that would make you stand out
• You have experience managing a team of developers.
• You are able to pinpoint and debug front-end performance issues using Chrome developer tools.
• You know how to automate front-end tasks using a task runner such as Grunt
• You have played with client-side templating languages such as Mustache or Handlebars.
• You have a good understanding of user experience.
• You understand A/B testing and can make decisions based on data.
• You have a passion for the emerging market audiences specifically within Africa.
• You have experience in working with global teams and managing diverse stakeholders.
How to Apply: Click Here to apply