Function: Project/Programme Manager (PMO)
Job Type: Full-Time
Min. Qualification: OND
Min. Years of Experience: 3 – 5 years
iROKOtv – the “Netflix of Africa” is the world’s largest distributor of African entertainment content online. Having successfully conquered the African diaspora market, we are looking for a Product Manager who can help us in the next phase of our growth. Specifically, we would like to satisfy our diaspora audience with HD quality content across SmartTVs, desktops and tablets while expanding our offerings for fans in Africa, where the local infrastructure and legacy devices present a different challenge entirely. Our 2014 goal is to bring the best of Nollywood to every single handset on the continent and we need a CTO who will help us make this happen! As Product Manager, you will communicate with all areas of the company and will work closely with engineering to define product release requirements. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas. You must be able to empathise with our users, and help find innovative solutions to the challenges we face.
Our tech stack
On the back-end we’re a PHP shop. We use MySQL and MongoDB for data stores and Redis and Memcached for queuing and caching. Our servers are built on AWS and are managed using Chef. We use the friendly campfire robot Hubot to run our deploy tasks. NewRelic keeps us in check.
Note some international travel is required.
• You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
• You can manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to distributing tasks.
• You can define product requirements in line with our business goals by analysing data and talking to customers.
• You are a diplomat and are good at managing people’s expectations.
• You have experienced the infrastructural challenges of emerging markets (or are willing to immerse yourself in order to learn)
Qualities that would make you stand out
• You have experience in startups or a startup environment.
• You have experience with analysing and assessing the potential viability of partner relationships.
• You have worked with marketing and communications to define the strategy, helping them understand the
product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
• You have a passion for the emerging market audiences specifically within Africa.
• You have experience in working with global teams and managing diverse stakeholders.
How to Apply: Click Here to apply