Adexen is pioneering in HR and Recruitment Process Optimization to service its customers. All clients enjoy the flexibility of choosing dedicated Onshore, Nearshore, or Offshore services.
Our HR and Advisory consultants have many years experience of working with leading multinationals and large local companies across Africa and other emerging markets. Whether you are considering implementation of a new HR strategy or a move to outsource your resourcing function then our consultants can offer advice on a creative solution to your problem.
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a new start-up Data Centre company in Nigeria. The company offer an integrated solution centre to provide Co-location data hosting services to telecommunication companies, banks, Internet service providers and other companies within Nigeria.
Job Title: NOC Engineer – Junior
Job reference: NGA1411
Sector: IT & Telecom – Nigeria – Western Africa
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- The aim of this role is to monitor system conditions, documents any changes made to networks, constructs a procedural manual for handling network problems and maintaining network security.
- Working as a member of a small team on a three shift basis
- Monitor performance of customer services including production of performance reports, alarm analysis and fault resolution and liaison with customers and third parties.
- Support Operations management in the commissioning, maintenance, expansion, upgrade and monitoring of the company’s telecommunications equipment and fibre optic infrastructure including production of change reports.
- Support Operations management in maintaining the integrity of the Company’s Comms room ensuring security, power supplies, UPS, fire protection, suppression and air conditioning systems are maintained and operational.
- Support Operations management with customer connection/expansion including network capacity checks, ensuring suitability of customer’s CPE and installation, testing and commissioning of Ethernet, SDH and DWDM cards.
- Support Operations management with the configuration, upgrade, maintenance and day to day management of the company’s Communications Network Management and Element Management systems.
- Provide out of hours standby cover to customers in fault situations on a rotational basis.
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on Company’s systems and networks, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling escalation through to resolution).
- Provisioning (IP assignment, core network configuration, DNS setup, monitoring and graphing for colocation, leased lines, customer backup and other customer network services).
- Maintenance of technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Tier 3 Support for co-location, customer backup network and ISP services.
- Participate in a 24x7x365 call-out rota required
- A degree in computer science, engineering, telecommunications or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in networking and hardware support and troubleshooting in a mission critical data centre environment
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills
- ITIL v3 Foundation Level Certification a plus
- CCNA certification a plus
- Strong commitment to high standards and quality service.
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example.
- Good communication skills – oral, written, IT and presentation.
- Highly motivated and performance orientated.
- Committed to development of team talent. Hands-on, performance oriented, practical and pragmatic, with a proven ability to “get the job done”.
- Proven A1+ physical health is a must. Strong work ethic, endurance and ability to work long hours under challenging operating conditions.
- Proven “staying record” – no job hopping
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2013
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply