Adexen is pioneering in HR and Recruitment Process Optimization to service its customers. All clients enjoy the flexibility of choosing dedicated Onshore, Nearshore, or Offshore services.
Our HR and Advisory consultants have many years experience of working with leading multinationals and large local companies across Africa and other emerging markets. Whether you are considering implementation of a new HR strategy or a move to outsource your resourcing function then our consultants can offer advice on a creative solution to your problem.
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of the leading manufacturing company to recruit a Learning & Development Manager for its operations in Nigeria.
Job Title: Learning and Development Manager
Job reference: NGA1417
Sector: Industry – Nigeria – Western Africa
- The role reports to the Human Resource Director
- The ideal person will be responsible to drive the necessary behavioural changes into the organization in order to move the business forward and contribute to the achievement of business objectives.
- Qualify, design and implement learning and development programs and tools that sustain necessary behavioural changes: training, organization development and change interventions, coaching
- Identify behaviours that sustain the business and organizational needs and challenges
- Analyze what people could do differently, how it would impact business results, what is stopping them from doing them
- Together with managers, define the priorities in terms of behavioural changes
- Design with management a plan for development that underpins the strategic business needs and challenges and that act on the different levers that help people to change the way they work: Competency, skills and knowledge development, Management practices, Organization, Clarification of roles and responsibilities.
- Work with contend specialist to design Learning and Development tools.
- Build a work environment and management climate that encourages learning and development
- Encourage managers to develop their team and the development and transfer their own professional expertise.
- Coordinate and administer the ‘Training plan
- Organize the training seminars
- Enroll people for external training programs
- Chose external training firms and manage the relationships
- Define and follows Learning & Development KPIs
- Measure employees and managers satisfaction and follow the results to evaluate the efficiency and adequacy of the training delivered
- Support management in their role as coach, developer of people in the Performance Management process
- Support managers to set up work context in a way to develop skills and competencies of employees (on-the-job activities, instant feedback, ongoing coaching, etc…)
- Ensure the main steps of coaching are followed
- Develop, coach and support all managers in their role of internal, occasional trainers or facilitators of sessions and workshops.
- Communicate on the benefits and success of coaching in order to develop a culture of coaching.
- Define and follow the necessary resources, budget, follow-up and communication around Learning and Development actions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Learning and Development actions (including change of behaviours and performance and business impacts)
- Follow-up and evaluate external providers, or consultants used to support the L&D strategy
- A good first degree in any social science discipline and a Master degree in Human Resources/Industrial Relations, or Personnel Management is desirable.
- Membership of a professional body (CIPMN or CIPD) is a MUST.
- 8-10 years relevant working experience in human resource management, with 5 years experience in Training and 3-5 years management at the Management level.
- Proficient knowledge and skill of human resource management, particularly in training and people development.
- Experience in management development and soft skills training
- Experience in designing and delivering a variety of training solutions
- Experience of partnering with third parties
- Budget management experience
- A strong communicator, both in writing and spoken communications
- Articulate and confident standing up and delivering to large audiences
- Outstanding presentation and communication skill.
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2013
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply