Function: IT Director / CTO / CIO
Job Type: Full-Time
Min. Qualification: OND
Min. Years of Experience: 6 – 9 years
iROKOtv – the “Netflix of Africa” is the world’s largest distributor of African entertainment content online. Having successfully conquered the African diaspora market, we are looking for a CTO who can build our technological capacity as well as our team, helping into our next phase of growth. Specifically, we would like to satisfy our diaspora audience with HD quality content across SmartTVs, desktops and tablets while expanding our offerings for fans in Africa, where the local infrastructure and legacy devices present a different challenge entirely. Our 2014 goal is to bring the best of Nollywood to every single handset on the continent and we need a CTO who will help us make this happen!
As CTO you will work with the iROKO tech team on the architecture, coding and maintaining the scalability of the system within the Amazon Cloud. We’re looking for someone with commercial experience in PHP, MySQL, Linux & Apache, with a strong understanding of OOP and MVC.
• You have excellent knowledge of PHP, MySQL and LAMP based architecture.
• You have extensive knowledge of a modern PHP Framework (e.g. Laravel, Symfony, Zend).
• You have experience Amazon Web Services (AWS) products: EC2, RDS, CloudFront & ElastiCache.
• You have experience leading a team of developers in a fast paced environment.
• You are comfortable working with CSS/HTML layouts and templates. You don’t need to be a designer.
• You have a Github/BitBucket profile with examples of work you’re particularly proud of.
• You have the ability to implement optimisation, scaling and caching techniques.
• You have experience in RESTful HTTP API development.
• You will be able to work closely with our front-end development team on site projects.
• You have exposure to high traffic websites and solving scalability issues.
• You have experienced the infrastructural challenges of emerging markets (or are willing to immerse yourself in order to learn).
Qualities that would make you stand out
• You have experience of 3rd party API integration, specifically any payment processing APIs.
• Redis or MongoDB experience a huge plus.
• Knowledge of open source software and some open source projects under your belt.
• You have a passion for the emerging market audiences specifically within Africa.
• You have experience in working with global teams and managing diverse stakeholders.
How to Apply: Click Here to apply