IITA is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to eliminate hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian nationals for the position below at its Headquarters in Ibadan.
Job Title: Field Worker II (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties
- Seed preparation, processing and storage;
- Planting weeding, data recording, harvesting of trials and nurseries;
- Management of nutrition’s maize breeding nurseries;
- Pollinating inbred lines and OPVs;
- Harvesting, threshing and weighing
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
WASC plus at least two (2) years working experience in a research institution.
The ideal candidate must
- Be open to new ideas and have the ability to change mindset;
- Be able to follow instructions and work independently where necessary;
- Be available to work outside office hours, weekends and holidays.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
30th August, 2013
Method of application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft Word format. The curriculum Vitae must also include names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package to IITA Website.
Click here for more details on job.