Stanbic IBTC bank is recruiting to fill the mentioned job position, interested candidate should apply.
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Job ID: 12644
The Operations division of Standard Bank is at the very centre of all the bank’s procedures, enabling and optimising our Corporate and Investment Banking activities. We develop prototype concepts into robust, reliable solutions, constantly evolving our existing product range to help the bank maintain a competitive lead with our global clients. We are also in demand as internal consultants to the business, helping to manage the Bank’s assets through effective risk management and control systems. As part of this role we now seek an experienced Internal Control professional, who will help guide our work to fulfill our ambitious growth strategy
• Build a strong compliance environment to ensure zero level of policy, procedures and regulatory infractions.
• Ensure prompt and effective call over of branch transactions.
• Build strong awareness in branch staff on all policy and procedures issues; zero tolerance for open GL Items, unreviewed transactions and income leakages.
• Call over of Transactions as per the approved threshold.
• Carrying out spot checks and review of activities in the branches under coverage, cash count and vault administration, funds transfer, Clearing processes and returned cheques, etc, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
• Review of system exception override message report.
• Review of GL/P&L Movement Report.
• Conduct Seriality checks /test on Managers Cheque/Bank draft in the branches under coverage.
• Review of Suspense/Transit/Proxy Accounts.
• Review of expense and cash advances and ensure conformity with laid-down policies.
• Carrying out security sweep at least once in a month.
• Daily review of accounts closure and transfers.
• Ensure complete and accurate recognition of all fees and charges on every relevant account.
• Review of Fixed Asset Register
• Review of Finacle users’ profile
• Review KYC compliance.
Key performance measures
• Control Adequacy rating from Internal Audit.
• Promptness and effectiveness of call over of transactions.
• Quantum of undetected regulatory/statutory infractions from External Auditor and Regulators’ reports.
• Quality and Timeliness of losses and loss events reporting in processing areas
• Undetected Income leakage/P&L reversal arising from undetected processing errors
• Integrity of the GL accounts in the Business offices of the region.
• Promptness, Accuracy and Validity of Exception Reporting/Rendition of all Control Activity Reports
• Effectiveness at follow up to ensure that Internal Audit recommendations are implemented.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Must possess a minimum of second class lower in a numerate 1st Degree and professional qualifications in accountancy or audit
• Work experience of between 4 and 6 years in banking operations
The need to maintain a wide network with key stakeholders in the Bank such as Operational Risk, Risk Assurance, Group Internal Audit, and other appropriate divisions and associate companies to ensure operational effectiveness and enhanced customer service.
– Report writing/Investigation skill
– Banking operations experience
– Interpretation of ML (P) Act 2004 & CBN KYC Manual 2003
– Ability to use Finacle, Microsoft packages & AML Software
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Attention to details
How To Apply
Interested qualified candidates should;
Click Here To Apply Online
Application Deadline Date
24th June, 2014.