Adexen is pioneering in HR and Recruitment Process Optimization to service its customers. All clients enjoy the flexibility of choosing dedicated Onshore, Nearshore, or Offshore services.
Our HR and Advisory consultants have many years experience of working with leading multinationals and large local companies across Africa and other emerging markets. Whether you are considering implementation of a new HR strategy or a move to outsource your resourcing function then our consultants can offer advice on a creative solution to your problem.
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of the leading manufacturing company to recruit a head of procurement for its operations in Nigeria.
Job Title: Head of Procurement
Job reference: NGA1415
Sector: Industry – Nigeria – Western Africa
Function: Supply chain
- The role reports to the Supply Chain Director
- This position is responsible for adding value to the business and support growth through adherence to Procurement processes for ensuring sustainable quality, compliance, and quantity requirements.
- Create appropriate segregation of duty between the strategic procurement activity, operational procurement activities and Inventory/warehouse activities.
- Ensure seamless competitive bidding processes are in place in order to ensure delivery of procurement activity at optimal prices and right quality.
- Established preferred vendors list for sundry and indirect materials across the business unit and create a forward looking periodic review of such list.
- Establish a contract and negotiation platform that allows for proactive rationalization of contractual spend in order to guarantee that we continue to buy contractual services at optimal rates.
- Create a forthright supplier relationship management focused at forward looking partnering relationship and establish service level agreement across the spend categories.
- Ensure the execution of inventory and warehousing optimization programs to support attainment of company objectives on better cost management.
- Coach and develop the procurement team and established a workable career succession plan for the team.
- Reduce landed cost of goods in clear and measurable ways.
- Improve on procurement time-cycle and complete performance of purchasing efforts in optimally measurable ways.
- Identify and create optimal balance between local and foreign purchasing that result in significant cost reduction for the company.
- Create culture of improvement in the procurement process chain that our User Departments identify as a reason for centralizing the procurement process.
- Define, establish and implement sustainable inventory strategies that optimize inventory levels while assuring plant reliability and institute Stores/inventory KPI’s to measure performance and also development and usage of tracking tools and controls.
- Good first degree in related discipline. A higher or Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management or Purchasing / Procurement, offers distinctive advantage.
- Minimum 10 years in procurement and/or operation function
- Minimum 5 years post graduate work experience in senior sourcing with exposure to supply chain management, complex strategic sourcing and optimal procurement processes
- Proven performance in managing and developing a Procurement/sourcing team, with requisite drive and energy to ensure a challenging benefits and capability building agenda is successfully delivered
- Excellent understanding of Procurement and import activities
- Strong commercial acumen with excellent communication skills.
- Good negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Excellent internal customer relationship management orientation.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical, financial analysis, planning and organizing capability
- Leadership ability to build relationships and command respect across multiple functions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong focus on cost management and minimization and proven ability to generate results
- Strong subject-matter expertise in Supply Chain Management, company law, contract law, sourcing and procurement standards
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good attention to detail and presentation skills
- Good time management skills and must be of high integrity.
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2013
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply