Dangote Cement Plc is the biggest quoted company in West Africa and the only Nigerian company listed among forbes Global 2000 Companies. The company currently has several cement production plants in Nigeria in addition to presence in 13 African Countries.
To consolidate its current strategic expansion dove and as part of our growing vision, Dangote Cement Plc is seeking to recruit a well qualified professional in the following role:
Job Title: Plant Industrial Safety Coordinator
Ref No: PISC/DCP/001
This role is based at our Gboko Plant. Our successful candidate will be required to provide site safety leadership ensure facility compliance with corporate safety standards, implement safety directives, improve safety performance, and ensure facility safety policies and procedures are aligned with governmental regulations at the Plant His/her responsibilities include the following: Copied: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices.
- Facilitate a work environment that supports a safe and healthy culture.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment
- Perform safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Investigate industrial accident near-miss hidden and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes.
- Coordinate employee safety programs to determine their adequacy including review of short and long term strategic safety planning and development
- Order and maintain facility safety inventory Including supplies and equipment
- Supervise the conduct of safety and Ike drills at the Plant in line with approved schedule.
- Develop suitable communication materials for HSE trainings and exercise drills.
- Perform regular checks to ensure timely execution of health checks and disease screenings as defined at the Plant
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences or Occupational Health.
- Postgraduate/Professional qualification from an HSE body such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) plus a minimum of 5 years relevant work
- Adequate knowledge cit the cement and manufacturing industry
- Adequate knowledge of environmental management requirements& regulations.
- Very good knowledge of ISO 9002 will be an added advantage.
- Ability to champion Health & Safety initiatives.
- Ability to adequately analyze an Incident and proffer valuable solutions.
- Strong leadership and management skills, as well as excellent communication and presentation skills. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
Application Closing Date
17th September, 2013
Method of Application
if you meet the requirements listed for any of these positions and are interested in making a career with our company kindly send your CV and cover letter, Indicating position applied for to: email@example.com
Only successful candidates will be contacted.