Adexen is pioneering in HR and Recruitment Process Optimization to service its customers. All clients enjoy the flexibility of choosing dedicated Onshore, Nearshore, or Offshore services.
Our HR and Advisory consultants have many years experience of working with leading multinationals and large local companies across Africa and other emerging markets. Whether you are considering implementation of a new HR strategy or a move to outsource your resourcing function then our consultants can offer advice on a creative solution to your problem.
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of the leading manufacturing company to recruit a customer service manager for its operations in Nigeria.
Job Title: Customer Service Manager
Job reference: NGA1414
Sector: Industry – Nigeria – Western Africa
- The position reports to the Sales Director
- This position is responsible for managing the Customer Service department and leading the function within the organization to serve both existing and prospective customers while facilitating efficient provision of the highest levels of customer service and making the company as a supplier of choice.
- Maintain all documentation (physical & on the JDE-ERP system) related to customers – receipts of payments, sales orders, deliveries, invoices, statement of accounts, etc
- Confer all communication to customers (through phone, emails, SMS or letters) regarding their payment and pending order status, deliveries, account reconciliation, requests and complaints.
- Work very closely with the National Sales Manager to plan and schedule the loading/ delivery of cement on daily/ weekly/ monthly basis.
- Work closely with logistics and plant, for them to provide in timely manner (& as per schedule) transportation and loading of BULK/ Bag products.
- Structuring, and continuously reviewing of this structure to ensure ongoing alignment to take advantage of opportunities in a changing business environment
- Continuous review of business processes to ensure a well developed system of anticipating customer needs, planning for them as well measuring performance against plans with an aim of driving corrective decisions
- Contribute to the development of organizational priorities to ensure alignment with drivers of customer expectations and any investments or otherwise needed to deliver it
- Ensure a well planned and managed customer service operational budget to deliver efficiency of operations
- Maintain an agreed service standards with customers and a framework for measurement of the same to ensure corrective action is implemented.
- Site process documentation and custodian of the customer service manual as well as its continuous update.
- Responsibility for review of all exception reports as well as the follow up of matters arising to ensure potential risks are addressed.
- Ensuring correctness of Customer master data in our ERP, access control to the ERP for the entire team to address the underlying risks of data integrity.
- Ensure all customer queries have been addressed and cross functional liaison where necessary to ensure matters are addressed and closed in line with BU procedures.
- Liaison with finance team to ensure all customer FI related matters are in order especially the running of the finance team within customer service
- A good degree from a recognized University preferably in a Commerce, Accounting or Business discipline.
- Post Graduate qualification in a business discipline is an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a busy sales or customer service environment with supervisory or management responsibility.
- Demonstrated interface (cross-functional) management skills.
- Experience with ERPs (Enterprise Resource Applications e.g. JDE, SAP) – hands on in processing, reports and analysis.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel and specifically designed spreadsheets.
- Excellent team management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, dynamic, self-driven with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work and communicate in a culturally diverse environment
- Effective verbal and written at all levels.
- Listening, questioning, and needs identification.
- Consultation and negotiation.
- Positive customer focused approach.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a calm and effective manner.
- Dealing with confidential and distressing issues with sensitivity
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2013
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply