The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, (AEDC) the electric power distribution company for the FCT, Niger, Kogi and Nassarawa States, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates. The applicants must be innovative, dynamic and sufficiently experienced in the following:
Job Position: ICT Support
- The primary function of this job is to install and maintain all ICT infrastructures, provide hardware/software support services to enhance Company businessoperations.
- As ICT Support, the candidate, experienced in computer networkmanagement, will take up ICT Support positions in the listed States of our areas of operations, and the AEDC Head Office and be expected to: Be multi-skilled in supporting various ICT systems
- Ensure continuous availability of ICT systems Provide efficient and effective IT Help Desk services within the area of responsibility
- Install, maintain all ICT infrastructure and ensure end user connectivity and network peripheral computing equipment
- Configure communication to IP-enabled devices.
- Maintain all computer/telecommunication equipment hardware/software at a required level of availability in order to meet user needs.
- Execute CT related projects to deliver planned results
- Supervise ICT contractor works on site.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of Telecoms & IT assets installed in the area of responsibility
- Undertake any other jobs that may be assigned from time to time within AEDC.
The candidate should have:
- A minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND)/Advanced Diploma in ITNetworking, Computer Science, or Telecommunications, or Information Technology with a minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience. However, practical knowledge and hands-on skills would be essential
- Analytical and strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities. Knowledge and ability in identifying and understanding cause-and-effect.
- The candidate should have the following plus a minimum of three years of practicing.
- MCSE with hands-on experience.