We have all been victims of unwanted computer problems at one point of time in our lives or the other. And it is followed by the hassles of calling up the repair guy, conveying the whole problem, managing our time schedules to squeeze in a repair session, and so on.
Above all of that, the one problem that still persists is the expenditure for the repair. This is because we have no way of knowing if the technician charged a bit on the extra side for lesser repairs done. Also, there is this huge problem of time. It seems the universe is against us in finding a coinciding free time of the day for both us and the technician. So we end up cancelling appointments and rescheduling. While all this is going on, the problem with the computer increases and we end up spending a whole lot more than what would have been required had it not been for the many factors that kept us from scheduling and keeping an appointment.
But there is a quick fix for this problem. We all know a bit about the computer. Maybe not as much as the technician does, but we do know quite a lot. And we can put that to use. In fact, there exists a number of computer problems that we can fix ourselves if we dedicate a slice of time for those. We will discuss a few of those here.
- Building Our Own Computer
Honestly, building up your own computer from scratch isn’t as hard as you think it is. When you build your own computer, you get to choose the hardware you want instead of making compromises with the ones loaded to a prebuilt a computer. What more, this is pretty cheap too.
Obviously, you would require a basic guide to take you through the process, which you can find anywhere on the Internet. You would need to:
- know the hardware that you need
- buy the parts with careful examination
- put it all together and set up your computer
- install the operating system
- give it some finishing touches and power it up
You can do all of this from the comfort of your home. The parts can be bought online and the rest is easy.
- Removing Virus from Your Computer
If your computer has been infected by a virus, then you do not need to run to a computer repair centre to correct the problem. You can do it yourself. The following steps will guide you through the whole process:
- First of all, back up all the important data before you start the virus removal process. This way, rest assured, you will not lose out on your data.
- If you have an antivirus installed in your computer, then half your work is done. If not, then you would need to install one right away. You can choose from a wide range of antivirus available like, Kaspersky, Quickheal and so on. However, it is better not to opt for the free versions, but purchasing them.
- Once you do that, run a full scan of your computer. Now restart.
- Upgrade RAM
This is one of the very common requirements that our computers demand for. And again, you do not need a technician to carry out this process. All you need to do is get the right RAM for your computer and the rest is easy. With the Internet brimming with resources and guides on how to do stuff yourself, it is now easy to install a new RAM all by yourself. This guide can help you out with the process.
However, if you need further help with your computer worries and you live in Portsmouth, then PC repair Portsmouth will be the right option for you.