Here’s the thing most people have known for years on end now – One of the most efficient and sure-shot ways to advertise your business or service, on the whole, is the clever and judicious use of promotional products. Especially nowadays, there are no two ways about that, whatsoever. In this regard, there are truly no boundaries or limits as to what the services can perceive as potentially exciting and useful promotional products. The choice of products can range from glassware and desk items to even calendars and pens of all shapes and sizes.
Having said that, many items also possess the logo of the company as well, becoming a necessary part of the daily lives of all the recipients as well. This is indeed a potent tool for marketing in every possible way. Not only is it a cheap and effective tool, but more than enough studies have proven the fact that a good 79% of the recipients of promotional products do end up thinking about the idea of doing business with the company at hand. That is plain and simple fact, whether it is a matter of brand merchandise or even the most top-notch promotional items by Arcadia.
However, this is not to say that a service should simply jump into the waters of promotional product marketing without a proper plan or considering certain key aspects first. Having said that, here are the top five tips to consider:-
- Make sure that you know your objective: This is absolutely essential in every sense of the word. Too many marketers out there end up failing in this regard simply because they did not set proper goals for the campaign. Set proper goals, whether it is for a campaign to make customers aware of your own services or even another brand.
Your objective will mainly depend upon the precise nature of the goal at hand – Are you looking to increase sales in general or a more targeted goal such as an increase in awareness about one specific product? Decide and then choose your action accordingly.
- Pick the right products: This means pick those products that you know will be relevant to your business on the whole. It is as straightforward and simple as this – The more relevant your promotional products are to the customers, they are much more likely to recall your brand easily.
Also, make sure that you give products that pair up with the service you are providing. Like for instance, if you are a company specialising in the production of notebooks, a variety of different pens would be the best bet.
- The aspect of good quality: You can be sure of one thing – People really appreciate products that are of high quality. Be careful not to make the products expensive, but make doubly sure of the fact that the merchandise is of excellent quality. Not doing so may very well backfire and cause irreversible harm to the image of your service on the whole.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of having a theme: Even though this idea may not occur to a lot of people out there, one can certainly try and make an impact since if you are successful, the theme will certainly be on the minds of your customers for a long time to come. Also, make sure that the theme carried the message of your brand in the best way possible.
- Personalisation: This is the perfect way to build a closer and more intimate relationship with your customers. In this regard, one of the best ideas is to put the name of the recipient on the product. Once you do enough research about a select few bunches of customers, you will be able to write something that makes the gift memorable for them in particular.
Ultimately, you should never forget the fact that you need to make a thoroughly detailed and precise campaign for your promotional products so that you can get the best possible use for them. That is the key. No matter what happens, you cannot afford to go about the entire process in a half-hearted manner. That would eventually lead to the undoing of all the hard work, time and money that you had put into the campaign.
However, if you make sure to keep all the above pointers in mind and go into the process with a clear, goal-driven and focused approach, you are bound to see some results for the better in the short term. Better yet, you will also manage to bring an increasing number of customers into your fold in an extremely cost-effective manner. Now that is truly getting the best of both worlds, which is ideally what every service should strive towards. Most of all, you will not be paying any separate money for advertising since the promotional product does that by itself.